Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gamer

Gamer Pictures, Images and Photos
Synopsis
GAMER is a high-concept action thriller set in a near future when gaming and entertainment have evolved into a terrifying new hybrid. Humans control other humans in mass-scale, multi-player online games: people play people...for keeps. Mind-control technology is widespread, and at the heart of the controversial games is its creator, reclusive billionaire Ken Castle (Michael C. Hall). His latest brainchild, the first-person shooter game "Slayers," allows millions to act out their most savage fantasies online in front of a global audience, using real prisoners as avatars with whom they fight to the death.



I just watched this show today. I find that the concept of this show is good but not the storyline. I like the concept that in the near future, our game is not like what we have played today, where the character inside the game is not real. In their game, the character they used to play are real people. If the person in the game die, they really die! This concept is quite fresh to me and seems good at first but the storyline totally destroy the image that I had for this movie.

Some part of the show is totally unnecessary for this show, they should focus on the people who fought hard for their life. I understand that they want to show how this kind of technology can affect the future life, but it's totally useless and not nice at all! The ending was even crap, really crap. I hate the ending, I thought the main character might need to do some high risk mission in order to kill Ken Castle. But in the end, he just stab him with a dagger and that's end of the show...

Overall I rate this movie 6/10...

No comments:

Post a Comment