Friday, January 21, 2011

Road Block!

Before today, I feel myself as a good, not say best, programmer. But after today, everything changed. I can't even start to type in any single code into the program itself. I was like, "What, is this serious?!". There's no doubt about it :(

This is a serious road block to me because in a few months time, I am going to NUS(Computing) course, which focus heavily on programming skills and usage of English Language. My English Language is already bad in the sense that I still make a lot of Grammatical error, which is like an extremely tough task for me to catch up in university. So I thought I still have programming skills to back me up, but everything turned upside down.

Creating website, writing a program and my English, I think I might be a goner when I enter NUS. That's what I initially thought of. But I asked myself again, "Am I really that weak? Am I going to stop just like that?".

The answer to that is "NO!".

There is no way I am giving up. The reason is simple, because I have the passion in creating new stuff, creating stuff which belongs to me. Also when I think back when I first enrolled into Nanyang Polytechnic studying Multimedia and Info-communication Technology, I started as a computer idiot, not knowing anything about computer stuff.

So you may asked, why I chose this course since I know nuts about what I am going to learn? I choose this course is because I chose it for the sake of choosing. Because during that time after I received my O level results, I was dying to go to polytechnic to study. After scanning through the course available, I choose to do IT stuff, as it is more related to me simply because I use computer more often. In IT sector, there are variety of courses for me to choose from, so I simply pick the location somewhere near my home and the course with the longest name. So pop! I choose Multimedia and Info-communication Technology without knowing what they are providing.

After I went into that course, everything seems fun, especially programming. I don't know about others, but for me, I felt that programming is more like a challenge to me rather then a burden because I like challenge. Every time I solved a problem, I feel like I gaining one step forward into creating a application that's done my me and I felt a sense of satisfactory each time I completed my projects.

So that's why I told myself not to give up no matter what because I strongly feel that if the person has the passion in something that he/she believes in, he/she can definitely do it. Today's incident really shocked me, but in the end, it makes me fired up even more about getting into university to make applications that I can be proud of!


No comments:

Post a Comment