Friday, May 15, 2009

the past, the present, the future

First thing before I start to post, please support us by going to
www.mit-nyp.net/planetky/index.html.
Thank You very much, because you are not only helping us, but you have help this earth by knowing the environment issue about your surroundings and the earth.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In less than a month, I am going to graduate from NYP, Nanyang Polytechnic. I feel happy and sad. The reason why I am happy is not because of getting good result but is because I have learned wide range of useful skills in my course, like programming, designing (even though I still suck at designing) and networking. Also I have made some very good friends in NYP, like Naruto says, I have made some bonds with my friends. I also made some bonds with my secondary school friends, even though I have lost contact for some of them. But I still treat them as my best friends, the valuable bond that I ever made. Same to those friends in NYP. I also very happy to be able to graduate with one of my best friend, Cher Shen, on the same day! WOOT! It's so cool to be able to graduate with one of my secondary school buddy on the same day and same time!


I am sad because as my result gets better, there will be people who results get worser. I know this feeling sucks to core because I was a worse, lousy student before in primary and secondary school. It's just like a pyramid where people who get better/good result steps on those who get lousy/poor result. Also I did not feel that I deserve this kind of result because some of my friends are technically better than me, it just that on their first year, they did not perform well, which cause their GPA to fell greatly and one of my classmate slightly miss the mark of getting Diploma with Merit, and I think he is very very good in networking. Some of my classmates are really damm good in networking and programming and designing. But for me, my programming, networking and designing are still at genin level(lowest level). Wonder I will survive in University with this kind of skills.

So I decided to test out my programming skills in imagine cup competition, which requires C# and javascript programming. After the product is out, I found that I still have a lot to learn. I also learn something during these 3 years in NYP, which is that result does not mean everything, only the strong detemination in learning and achieving the best is what is needed in your heart. Even though I always say "Aiya give up la, it's impossible to do!", but my brain still continue running and searching for solution to solve the problem. I don't know when I develope this kind of weird attitude.

Future for me is still a mist, whether I can survive in university is still a question mark for me. In these 3 years in NYP, the couple of things that bothers me, first is a java programming pratical test in year 2. That's because I was too careless and did not notice that the lecturer had give us hint to finish the program, and I went to create a search function for the program. I remember it almost done but time is up. That was 1 of the things that regret most, and I will do it after 20th May. Another thing that I really regret is that during year 2 internet programming, ASP.net lesson, I was too engross with my own work for submission, that I have neglected my friend, Wei Xiong's work. I did not check clearly on his program, as my mind was all about handing up my stuff to the lecturer. Then the lecturer check his work, there are some error, which did not give him a better grade on this module. I was very very sad and sorry, that's why after that day on, I decide to help people out if they have any trouble. I will place them before me, although I am not a good teacher, but I will give my very best to help anyone who needs help.

Another thing is that, I did not give my very best in world skill competition in NYP, which causes me to lose a great opportunity to learn more great things from other web designer in Singapore or perhaps the whole world. That time I was really lazy, I must admit. That's why I did not give my very best in the competiton itself. I feel bad for those lecturers who give up their free time to teach on on back and front end web skills. Crap, I have miss a great opportunity to learn better skills in web desing/programming.

One last thing that I regret most is to cut off bonds with one of my friend during year 1. He was my very first person who talk to me and exchange phone number with me during NYP orientation. I know during year 1, I was quite competitive person and I always try to do my very best and get good grades. But I was quite frustrate with this friend of mine where he always call and bother us about homework. He even called up during 2am - 3am. So we decided to cut off bonds with him, so that he can find a good company which will help me and get better grades. But I feel damm regret when I was in year 2 semester 2, if I could help him out, I couldn't have lost one best friend of mine...

R.I.P my friend....

Haiz, in NYP I have more sad and regret things compared to happy stuff. I think that's because people will tend to remember negative things over positive things, and that's why people will grow from their mistakes.

In life, do something that won't make you regret, do something which can contribute to/ help others, do something which makes you more happy rather than getting fame or money. And that's what I am going to do and continue to do in the rest of my life with no regrets:)

Hope you can find your own resolution for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment