Saturday, February 12, 2011

Life

Today I feel like talking about life in general. So, basically what is life? Some people might say life is for love, some might say life is money and some would even say that life is the status you have.

Well they are correct because life is yours, so you can choose what you want to be and how you control your life, no one can manipulate you unless you made your life being manipulate.

Why I started this topic of "Life" is because of my friends. My friends around me have grown and lived in their own life some of them are happy with it but some of them are not. So I was curious about why they are happy/unhappy with their life. So I start talking to those who are unhappy with their life, and they stated that they couldn't achieved what they want in terms of academics, money and status.

I understand their feelings (in terms of academic) because I had that feeling during the past when I was studying but as the time goes by the feeling started to fade away, which I do not really know why, probably is because I have achieved what I have expected of myself.

After talking to those who are unhappy with life, I had the feeling that those who are happy with their life are probably the ones who are quite successful in their achievements. But it was quite unexpected after I talked to them as most of them are just living a simple life without much extraordinary achievement.

But they are happy...

So I was quite curious on why they are happy with their life, and they replied to me that living simple is quite good actually because you do not need to handle too much stress and without having your work taking up too much of your personal time where you can spend more time with your family and the love ones.

Each people have different goals in their life I guess, but what this lesson taught me is that sometimes in life you may face failure or success, but all these failure and success eventually came from ourselves. That's because we, ourselves are the ones who set the standard in what we are going to achieve in our life in order to be happy or rather satisfied with it.

Let me give you an example...

Student A is an ace student, who always achieved excellent grades in all of his subject, while Student B is labeled as a below average student, who always failed all his subjects even though he tried to study hard. But one day, when they got back their exam paper, Student A was sad because even though he still getting As in all of his subjects but his total mark dropped by 2% while Student B was delighted because he managed to get a pass in one of his paper but overall he still did quite badly and got retained for a year because of that. So Student A was curious on why Student B was so happy when he know he got retained for a year. Student B replied: "Because I have met my target of getting at least one subject pass at the end of the year examination". Student A wasn't really satisfied with Student B's reply because he find it ridiculous that he can be happy with just that.

So Student A went to look for their homeroom teacher and talk to him about Student B's situation. The teacher smiled at Student A and said this: "I am very happy with Student B's achievement although he required to retain for a year but I can see the drive in him." Student A still don't quite understand on why he is so happy? So the teacher gave student A the answer that he needs, the teacher said that: " Each of us measure our achievement/success in a different manner, some of them want to break their own personal record by achieving better results but others may just want to prove themselves that they can achieve what they want if they worked hard for it. In the end, is your own measurement that counts and not what other thinks. If you truly believe that you have succeed, then you have succeed." Student A got the idea of what it means of achieving the so-called "success" in life, it's all basically in yourselves, the standard that you have set for yourself, which is also known as the

standard of success.

So what I trying to say is that life is yours, you can make your own life complicated or you can just live with a simple life, in the end, you are the one who decide what to do with your life, not others.

No comments:

Post a Comment