Saturday, April 10, 2010

Leaderships

Terrible stomach ache that I have for today. I do not know why but that's just life, what can I do about it. Force to be stuck at home today when I should be meeting my friends and enjoy my weekends. But never mind at least I can rest well at home and prepare for my next week IPPT which is quite crucial moment for me.

Ok lets not talk about that, let start with the topic that I going to talk about, which is leadership. In my course, they always highlight the importance of leadership. But I felt that leadership is something that you cannot measure because the meaning of leadership in everyone's heart can be different, at the end of the day, what the person show is how the person felt about leadership.

Many people always have that in mind that leadership is that having the capability to accomplish the task as a team. Well I do agree with that but that's not all about leadership, because if that's the mark to measure leadership then I guess everyone can do it easily. Then why should we have courses that teach us how to become leaders?

For my point of view, as leaders, not only to lead the team to success, but also gain respect from them and care for them during the process. Get them to contribute to each and everything that is possible so that everyone will feel that they are belong to the team and will do their best and help out their leader. Bonding on each team is also necessary because with the bond created, not only the team can move on as one, but also even after the task, they will still respect you as a leader even though the team had been dismissed.

The character of the leader also plays a part, leaders cannot be hot tempered and cannot be panicked when something goes wrong because when leaders show that, this will make their team feel insecure and thus there bound to be doubt in the team and thus the team will not make progress.

On the end of the day being a leader, you should not look on the 1 sided view because if the leader do that, he will miss out a lot of opportunity to gain even more than the actual result. My quote for this is "Leaders should not shut opportunity but to gain opportunity"

No comments:

Post a Comment