Sunday, June 12, 2011

FoC

This week was a fantastic week for me because I attended quite a number of great events and made quite a number of new friends.

The first event I went was FoC, Freshman orientation camp (School of Computing), Organize by our seniors. Actually, I do not have the intention of joining this camp because I have things going on on the 8th June. Also, I thought the orientation camp would be like those I have attended during my poly days where everything was dry and not fun at all.... But after much thoughts and my friend, Roger Wong, also joining this camp, then I said to myself, "Why not? Just join and make new friends!". So I decided to sign up for this camp.

The first day of the camp really changes my thoughts base on my previous experience of the orientation camp that I have attended. It was really fun and interesting. I can see all the Orientation Group Leaders were very enthusiastic about this camp and my group member as well, we were are hyped up in each and every game we played. I still remember what my OGL said to us during the first day of our camp, "Don't play to win, let's just have fun!".

So no matter what games we played, we seldom win. I still remember the Running Man game, we were appointed as the mission team where we have to hide away from the seekers and at the same time, we have to do our mission in order to eliminate the seekers. The first round of the game, we decided to stick together as a team because we were still unfamiliar with the place and also try to protect the girls. But in the end, in less than 10 mins, all of us got caught.

But instead of reprimanding each other, we had a great laugh. The other group leaders (including ours) and the committee members told us that we were the fastest team to get caught in this game. So with that, we were given another chance to play again and this time we decided to split up in order to make this game last longer, if not a bit malu mah. But in the end, we all got caught again :)

The second day we played amazing race, where we joint with another group, which is bloo, in this amazing race game. But at that time, I was really tired, I just follow the group to complete the mission given to us, like a dead zombie.

But after we reached Sentosa, I feel refreshed again. We started playing all sorts of games. After which, Jin Hui and me decided to throw all our OG members into the sea (Since Li Ru suggested it). So we decided to throw Li Ru first since she suggested it, followed by Clovis (He throw himself), Wing, Fiona and then Jin Xiang.

After that we went to bathe and then Wing suddenly did a confession to us, she told us that she's a fake freshie!!! We were like... NO WAY!!!! Cause the way she acted, was totally like a freshman. None of us suspected her as a fake freshie. Worse come to worse was that she is a year 4 student! WOW!!!!! Surprise right? She felt guilty about it that's why she decided to told us on the second day, and also some of the fake freshie had already revealed themselves and the respond wasn't that good.

But for us, this looks great and unbelievable because this is our first time experiencing this kind of event. Instead of having negative respond, we were like, "Hey let's try that next year to the freshie!". We don't get mad at that because it doesn't matter that you are a freshie or a senior, the most important thing is to be happy and make more new friends.

But then, after having dinner with my OG, I had to leave because I have something on the next day :(

But then, I appeared again on the 8th June evening. It was the time where we played the SP (Secret Pal) game. The secret pal game was basically meeting the opposite sex from the other groups and that person will be your secret pal, you will only know their real identity during the finale where we get to eat dinner together, exchange present and know each other more.

The orientation camp concluded with Cookie Monster, which is my group and the no.1 group in this orientation camp..... All other teams also did well too in this camp and all left home with prizes too. This camp was certainly fun but it's a pity that I missed part of it due to some involvement in something. But overall, it's a great camp!


No comments:

Post a Comment