Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Projects

Over the years in my life ever since I stepped into the IT (Information Technology) world, my life simply revolves around computer. So the projects that I have done are all related to IT. Some of it are school projects while some of it are done during my leisure time.


Feel free to look around :)


Element Destiny






Element Destiny is a project that I have done during my leisure time during my second year in my studies in Nanyang polytechnic. The reason that I created this flash is because I wanted to try and see how I can use my flash skills to create a simple animation. I was hard at first as I have to learn some of the animation movement and design through internet and the end product did not seems as good as those professionals, but I am quite happy with it as I am able to come out with a simple animation and character design without much guidance.


PlanetKY Mashup Application (VENews)




Every programmer wish is to come out with a useful application which can benefits others, well in this Mashup application for Imagine Cup competition, my team, PlanetKY, consist of Wen Bin and me, have come out with the idea of plotting the news onto the virtual earth, so that people can glance through the related environmental news through the map without having much effort to find out the location of the incident.

This application had won us a second place(tied) in Mashup category in Imagine cup 2009(Click here for more information). It was definitely a surprise to us where our application (VENews) can be recognize by other people. Our application has been taken own due to the closure of Popfly website. So you can view how our application works in the video above.




E-commerce Website (Games)


E-commerce design


This is the first PHP (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) plus database, website that I have ever created. For now I still unable to show you the actual website yet since I have yet to find a place to upload it. Meanwhile the above can serve as a design of my first e-commerce website.

This website called "ReCreation", is a name that pops up in my mind when I start working on this project. Then I slowly went into colors, basically I do not have much designing experience and not a pro in design, so I have to choose a safe color to go with. So, in the end, I choose Black and white as the main color for this website.

After that, I have to choose what kind of things should I sell for this e-commerce website. After all the thinking and suggestion from my friends, I decided to go for games, an e-commerce website that sells games. The reason why I choose this is because I like games, playing games is just part of my life. So choosing something which I had interest in bring me much more comfort when doing this project, rather then choosing something which I don't like or have no interest in.



Website Design (1)






This is one of the website that I have created, which suppose to be a portfolio website but due to some technical issue, I decided to take it down. This current AmpDreams website will serve as my portfolio website.

No comments:

Post a Comment