Sunday, June 14, 2009

Moving forward

Tomorrow I will be going to another level of my life, which is not student life, but an army life which I look forward to since 2 to 3 months ago. Some people may say National Service is a waste of time, because by spending 2 years in NS, their peers could have succeed them in studies or working. Well it's not wrong to think like that, but if you change your point of view of serving National Service, by not just looking at is as it's a waste of your time or perhaps youth, you might want to think of it as a break if student who want to pursue their polytechnic/university /ITE education. Because we have been studying non-stop for more than 10 years in our life, we do not have a break in between to let us really think what we really want to do. So taking this 2 years to have a break and think through what you REALLY want to do for your future would be a better choice rather than go for the prospective of the job. Because if you have no interest in the things that you do, you will not succeed.

Other then that, in army, we can pick up some skills that we might not able to get or learn it in school, like for example leadership skills, which is one of the important aspect that we need to have in we want to succeed in life like creating your company to become an entrepreneur. Not only that, we can also expand our human network and to work and stay with different kinds of people from different education and family background. Through this we can learn more about them and know what they want or we can learn from them as different people have different point of view, with just using our own view to measure things, we might lose out a lot or misunderstand the objective.

Well for me NS is a good time to take a break, because if I were to continue studying, I could have lose my concentration if focusing my subject as my brain is really wipe out by programming code in polytechnic. I will be using this 2 years to learn more new technology stuff that I have never been taught before in my schools so that I can improve myself and able to create new stuff, new technology which could be my first application to becoming an entrepreneur like James Sun, who is a internet company CEO of ZooDango.com.

So guys who are going to NS, take it as a break in NS and 2 years in NS will be over where you don't even notice it.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment